Pearl barley is loved by many, but also hated. Usually barley is used in soups. But these grains are so versatile. You can make delicious patties therefrom or delicious salads!
Last week I’ve made this delicious salad with pearled barley for lunch. Junior loves such grains, like couscous, rice or barley! ;-) All things, that my dear husband doesn’t really like a lot. So it happens, that Junior and I we eat at lunch these grain-thing!
I’ve had pearl barley in storage, and the other ingredients too. So, easy to make such a salad!
Here is my easy recipe!
Pearl barley salad
Nutritional facts per serving 234 calories, 10 g fat, 29 g carbohydrates, 10 g Protein
Ingredients for 3 portions:
- 125 g pearl barley
- ½ cucumber
- 1 yellow bell pepper
- 2 tomatoes
- a dash of lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Salt pepper
- Cook the pearl barley according to package directions.
- Meanwhile wash the cucumber, the bell pepper and the tomatoes.
- Remove the seeds from the bell pepper and cut into cubes, do the same with the cucumber and tomatoes.
- Place the chopped ingredients in a salad bowl.
- When the grains are cooked, drain and let cool slightly. Then give them to the other ingredients in the bowl. Mix well, add salt and pepper, a dash of lemon juice and add the oil and stir well. Ready!