Today I continue my way through the category of my favourite salads.
I like to eat beans in any kind of dish and obviously as a salad too. This time I’ve used Borlotti beans or so called pinto beans!
Along with tomatoes and feta cheese you have a really low fat and high protein salad!
Borlotti beans salad with feta
Ingredients for about 7 servings:
(117 kcal per serving)
- 200 g Borlotti beans (or other beans)
- 2 tomatoes, diced
- 1 pepper, diced
- 100 g of sweet corn
- 100 g of feta cheese
- 2 teaspoons of lemon juice
- 1 tbsp Italian herbs
- a few basil leaves
- salt pepper
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- Drain the borlotti beans and place in a bowl.
- Add the diced tomatoes and the peppers.
- Add the sweet corn and crumble the feta cheese with your hands.
- Season with the herbs, salt and pepper.
- Season with lemon juice and olive oil and stir well.