We love soups and stews and especially in winter is this a great choice.
I usually always make a big pot so that I can freeze portions or just serve the other day again, for example with chicken kassler or poultry wiener!
Otherwise, this simple stew tastes even in the vegetarian version!
White beans pot
Ingredients for 8 servings:
(Nutritional information per serving: 226 kcal, 4 g fat, 27 g carbohydrate, 14 g protein)
- 500 g of white beans (dry) or 2 large cans of white beans
- 350 g of soup vegetables, deep-frozen
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 3 teaspoons vegetable broth
- 2 liters of water
- 100 g of passed tomatoes
- salt, pepper
- 2 tsp thyme
- I soaked the beans in the night, washed them off and boiled in water for about 2 hours.
- You can also take the white beans out of the can.
- Put the boiled white beans, the soup vegetables, the water, the tomatoes and the vegetable stock all in a large pot and simmer for 45 minutes.
- Season with salt, pepper and thyme.
- Simple and delicious!
If you like, you can dice and add chicken kasseler or poultry sausages.
Serve with spelled whole grain bread! Delicious!