One of our dinners last week were fritters. Without potatoes and without eggs.
Is that possible?
Yes, that works! I simply replaced the potatoes with vegetables, which I still had in the freezer and simply replaced the egg with chickpea flour! And these delicious vegetable fritters have already got vegan!
With this recipe you get out about 11 fritters, which can also be stored very well in the fridge. So also perfect to take away. Either combined with a salad or between two home-made bread halves with a delicious sauce.
Vegetable fritters vegan
Ingredients for 11 fritters:
- 50 g red lentils, raw
- 175 g of soup vegetables, deep-frozen
- 175 g broccoli florets, deep-frozen
- 80 g chickpea flour
- 200 ml of water
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon herbs of Provence
- 1 tbsp Italian herbs, deep-frozen
- Salt pepper
- 2 tablespoons (15 ml) olive oil
- Boil the red lentils in sufficient water for about 10 minutes, drain and allow to cool.
- Allow the soup vegetables and broccoli florets to thaw briefly under warm water.
- Drain and chop in a food processor or with a blender.
- In a large bowl, add the chickpea flour and stir with 200 ml to a smooth dough. Add the herbs, the lentils and the spices and season with salt and pepper.
- Now add the minced vegetables and stir well and let rest a bit.
- In a pan, spread 1 tbsp of olive oil well with a brush and heat.
- With a spoon now give the finished measures in portions in the pan and lightly press.
- Roast each side until golden brown.
- If necessary, distribute an additional tbsp of olive oil with the brush.
- I then leave the vegetables fritters on a baking sheet in the oven at about 200 ° C for 5 minutes.
Serve with a delicious bread salad and herbed curd or fresh cheese.