I just can’t resist the bad carbohydrates! But why are these carbohydrates being „demonized“ in the meantime?
For my part, carbohydrates belong to a good balanced diet and also to a calorie-reduced diet.
I do not need to mention that you can find too much sugar and other substances in purchased breads, I think that’s already known.
Well, even if I’m not really one of the people who like to bake, I’ve started to bake our own bread.
I have already looked at many recipes, and all of them were too lengthy, too complicated for me.
So I decided to give it a try myself and kept to the recipe of the pizza dough.
Wheat flour replaced by spelled flour, partly wholemeal spelled flour and grains of various kinds! Sunflower seeds, pumpkin seeds, flax seeds …. No matter what is in the house. Sometimes a few nuts come in too.
What does not come in is sugar! And hardly any fat. The resting time is about 30 minutes and the baking time is about 50 minutes, depending on the type of oven. A fast thing isn’t it?!
The recipe is for a loaf of about 650 – 700 g. Most of the time I make a simple spelled whole grain bread.
Easy spelled whole wheat bread with grains
Nutritional facts per slice (about 30 g): 71 kcal, 3 g fat, 9 g KH, 3 g protein
Ingredients for a 650 g bread:
- 175 g spelled wholemeal flour
- 175 g spelled flour, type 630
- 150 g grain mix (sunflowers grains for exemple)
- 2 tsp dried baking yeast
- about 220 ml lukewarm water
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp salt
- Weigh the flours and put them together in a bowl.
- Weigh the grain mix and add to the flour.
- Mix everything well with a fork.
- Add the dry baking yeast.
- Now add the water and work in with a fork.
- Add salt and olive oil and work to a smooth dough.
- Lay out a box mold with baking paper and put the finished dough into the mold.
- Let rest for about 30 minutes.
- Bake at about 200 ° C for about 50 – 55 minutes (the baking time varies depending on the type of oven).