Today I bring you a classic dish of the Italian cuisine, a little modified and calorie-reduced!
Traditionally, this ragù (ragú, it.) is made with mixed minced meat, tomato sauce, and red wine.
What have I changed so much? As minced meat, I have taken the low-fat minced meat, Tatar is also suitable! And instead of 500 g of meat, I have taken only 400 g of meat for 6 servings and just stuffed the rest with vegetables!
To deglaze instead of the caloric wine, I took 2 tbsp of balsamic vinegar. Have you ever tried? Then it would be time!
Balsamico not only tastes good in salad dressings but also finds its uses in the kitchen in other variations! Well, and I did not use that much oil either. So I could defuse the actual „fat“ sauce something!
Low-fat meat ragout
Nutritional facts per serving (1 serving = 1 ladle):
170 kcal, 7 g carbohydrates, 9 g fat, 15 g protein
Ingredients for 6 servings:
- 400 g minced meat, mixed 50% reduced fat
- 200 g summer vegetables, frozen
- 100 g carrots, diced
- 100 g onions, diced
- 2 cloves of garlic, diced
- 500 g passata (passed tomatoes)
- 200 ml of water
- 2 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 2 tsp. granulated vegetable broth
- 2 tsp thyme
- 1 ½ tablespoon (15 ml) olive oil
- salt, pepper
- In a large pot, heat the olive oil.
- Add the diced carrots, onions, garlic and summer vegetables.
- Sauté for a few minutes.
- Add minced meat, stir everything.
- Season with a little salt, pepper, and thyme.
- Deglaze with 2 tbsp balsamic vinegar and stir well.
- Add the Passata and 200 ml of water and stir.
- Now simmer over medium heat for about 30 – 40 minutes.
- Stir occasionally.
- Serve with spaghetti or other pasta!