A greeting from my Sunday pasta kitchen!
The fact that I love pasta over everything is no longer a big secret. My Italian heart beats in my soul!
In earlier times pasta was very often on my table. In the meantime, on my weight loss journey I have greatly reduced pasta consumption.
We have made it a ritual to eat pasta on Sundays as with the pizza on Fridays! We look forward to it all week.
Today I have for you this delicious and uncomplicated pasta with broccoli! I used this time Fusilli (always called „jump noodles“ by Junior). Spaghetti, Penne or other pasta are of course an option too if you like!
I have used deep-frozen Broccoli this time because, with the high consumption of vegetables, which I have meanwhile, I like frozen vegetables very much! And yes I admit a little laziness plays there certainly a role!
Well, in terms of taste, I don’t taste a difference. The reason why I don’t cook the broccoli, because they keep its crunchiness. We don’t like overcooked vegetables so much.
So here is my easy and quick recipe!
Pasta with broccoli
Nutritional facts per serving (based on 100 g of gross pasta): 533 kcal, 65 g carbohydrates, 19 g fat, 21 g protein
Ingredients for 3 servings:
- 300 g of Pasta
- 600 g broccoli florets, frozen
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 100 g onions, diced
- 2 cloves of garlic, diced
- 100 g fresh cream cheese, low-fat
- 150 ml low-fat milk, 1.5%
- 1 teaspoon vegetable broth
- herbs to taste
- salt and pepper to taste
- Bring the water for the pasta to a boil in a large pot with a little salt.
- Heat 3 tablespoons of olive oil in a pan, and sauté the diced onions and garlic.
- Add the unfrozen broccoli florets, stir and sauté for a few minutes.
- Now add the milk and the low-fat fresh cream cheese and stir until the fresh cream cheese is melted.
- Season with 1 teaspoon vegetable broth, salt, pepper and herbs to taste.
- Simmer over moderate heat.
- In the meantime, the water for the pasta should boil. Cook the pasta bite-proof, drain and add to the pan with the broccoli and stir well.
- Who likes, can now rub delicious Parmigiano over it.
You can find me also on Instagram!