Ricetta in Italiano – prego segui questo link –
Well, Easter is already over, it was completely quiet here on the blog. The beautiful weather lifts the mind and lets hope for warmer days!
And I’m in with my favorite vegetables. Even if the season is not quite there, I finally feel to prepare my Italian Peperonata again!
A colorful mix of summer vegetables, very easy to prepare!
With my favorite vegetables eggplant, zucchini, peppers and tomatoes, a little garlic and some onions. Refined with olive oil and basil!
Simple and yet so full of taste! This Italian Peperonata can be served with everything, goes well with all meat dishes, is perfect for the barbecue season, because it can be wonderfully prepared. It also provides a perfect foundation on hot summer days because it tastes great cold too!
Have you ever tried that?
Click here for the easy recipe!
Italian Peperonata alla Emanuela
Nutritional facts per serving: 80 kcal, 8 g carbohydrates, 4 g fat, 3 g protein
Ingredients for 4 servings:
- 1 eggplant, diced
- 1 zucchini, diced
- 1 pepper, diced
- 2 spring onions, chopped
- 2 cloves of garlic, chopped
- 4 tomatoes, diced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Basil to taste
- Wash the courgettes, peppers and aubergines and dice them. Peel the spring onions, wash and cut into rings, slice the garlic. Wash the tomatoes and dice them too.
- Start to layer the vegetables in a large pot. First brush the bottom of the pot with a little olive oil, then spread some of the vegetables, some onions, garlic and tomatoes over it, a couple of basil leaves, a pinch of salt. Then add a layer of the remaining vegetables, onions, garlic and basil.
- Cover with a lid and simmer over low heat for about 10 minutes. Then stir well and simmer for another 10 minutes.
- Finally, lift a dash of olive oil and fresh basil leaves underneath.
Visit me on