Today is Friday and we have as usual pizza for dinner! We look forward to it all week!
What’s up? Pizza during a calorie reduction diet? Of course, I say, why not, I ask you?
Pizza, even if homemade, is a wholesome meal, I think! It always depends on the topping and how much you make it!
In Italia, it’s usual that the pizzas are not overloaded, but rather have few components and score with fresh ingredients!
We wanted to make a fresh light pizza and just took fresh sweet peppers, mozzarella, and basil. The result is this light and delicious Pizza with sweet peppers, mozzarella, and basil!
Here is the recipe!
Pizza with sweet peppers, mozzarella, and basil!
Nutritional information per serving (1 serving = 1 quarter)
232 kcal, 30 g carbohydrates, 9 g fat, 6 g protein
For 2 round pizzas or for 2 baking pans pizzas:
- 450 g flour
- 2 tsp dried yeast or 8 g fresh yeast
- 250-300 ml of lukewarm water
- some oil
- 1 tsp salt
- 150 g tomato sauce
- 2 bell peppers, in stripes
- 2 spring onions, chopped
- 1 Mozzarella low-fat, diced
- a hand full basil leaves
- Put in a large and high bowl the flour, make in the middle of it a crater, add the yeast in it and a little water. With a fork dissolve the yeast in the water and take from the edges a little flour. Add more water and elaborate with the fork. Add salt. If it might be too dry, you can add a little water. Don’ t worry, the dough should stick! Now knead the dough with your hands for a few minutes. Allow some oil to flow to the edges of the bowl. Cover with a towel or plastic wrap and let it rest.
- After the dough had enough rest time, flour the work surface lightly and lift the dough from the bowl. Divide into two equal pieces with your floured hands. Now press with your hands the dough flat and bring it into the form you need!
- Preheat the oven at the highest level!
- Grease with a little oil the baking pan and place the dough in it. Top with tomato sauce, bell pepper strips, chopped spring onions and with the diced Mozzarella and basil leaves.
- Bake on the middle rack for about 25 minutes!