Even if the baking of cakes is not one of my favorites, I bake a cake every now and then for my family. In doing so, I make sure that it does not get too sweet because the health of my loved ones is of course also important to me.
I like to make this light low-fat apple pie and it tastes really good. You can enjoy this cake without a guilty conscience, that’s wonderful.
That’s what fits in my philosophy. Eat, enjoy and it’s still healthy and tasty! Not possible for many, but I prove it is possible!
Also in a diet fit sweet food. It just depends on making a few adjustments. Be it with the sugar, or with the addition of fat.
This recipe lacks the addition of butter, margarine or oil. The fat comes all alone from the eggs and the yogurt and it works!
The sweetness is given only by the addition of vanillin sugar, which is quite sufficient. If you like it sweeter, you can work with sugar substitutes or add some normal sugar. Everyone can decide for themselves.
That’s the great thing about recipes, right? Recipes should inspire, stimulate and yet always be adapted to your own taste. At least that’s how I do it!
Here is the recipe!
Low-fat apple pie
Nutritional information per serving: 86 kcal, 9 g carbohydrates, 2 g fat, 7 g protein
Ingredients for a round cake, 26 cm (12 pieces):
- 400 g apples, peeled, gutted and cut
- 60 g protein powder, natural or vanilla
- 60 g spelled flour, type 630
- 8 g vanillin sugar
- 125 g yoghurt low in fat 1.5%
- 1 packet of baking soda
- 3 eggs
- a little lemon juice
- Peel the apples and cut into thin slices and drizzle in a bowl with a little lemon juice.
- In a bowl, mix the flour with the protein powder. Add baking powder, vanilla sugar.
- Add the yogurt and the eggs, and mix well with a whisk until a smooth mass arises.
- Lay out a round pan with parchment paper, add the dough and spread evenly. Spread the apple slices over it.
- Bake in preheated oven at 180 ° for 40 – 45 minutes.