I love the easy and uncomplicated cooking! My favorite dishes are those where you only need 1 pot or 1 pan!
This quick bell peppers pot with red lentils is so easy to make. And yes, it is vegetarian or even vegan!
I really always have my little red darlings, the red lentils, in stock. And so it was easy to create this bell peppers pot.
And I assure you, that this dish is for all your family!
Here is the recipe!
Quick bell peppers pot with red lentils
Nutritional information per serving = 2 soup ladles
199 kcal, 27 g carbohydrates, 4 g fat, 10 g protein
Ingredients for 6 servings:
- 150 g red lentils (dry)
- 200 g carrots, diced
- 100 g spring onions, cut
- 3 garlic cloves, finely diced
- 500 g of paprika, roughly diced
- 150 g sweet corn, tin
- 500 g of passed tomatoes
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 250 ml of water
- 2 tsp. granulated vegetable broth
- 1 tsp thyme, dried
- 1 teaspoon paprika powder, mild
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In a pot, heat 2 tablespoons of olive oil.
- Add the sliced spring onions, garlic, and carrots and fry gently.
- Add the red lentils, stir and deglaze with 250 ml of water.
- Now add peppers, corn and the passed tomatoes.
- Season with 2 teaspoons of granulated vegetable broth, thyme and paprika and season with a little salt and pepper.
- Stir well and simmer for about 20 – 25 minutes on low heat.
- Stir occasionally.