Pasta always works on meal plans, right? Winter as summer, as the main course, side dish or salad. Always a good choice.
For me, pasta is definitely part of my healthy kitchen! It is a wholesome product that definitely should not be missing in a healthy diet, at least for my part.
Unfortunately, the pasta is becoming more and more discredited and is avoided by many as possible. But there are more and more pasta forms on the market, which are enriched with vegetable proteins such as peas and lentils. Quite a good alternative.
So why give it up? Moderation is the key here! Of course, it’s important to mention, that the amount of pasta you cook and the amount which land on the plate it’s not quite the same. It took me a long time to understand that. But now it’s burned into my brain that 100 g pasta is uncooked, not the same as 100 g cooked pasta!
On average, 100 g of raw pasta yields 300 g of cooked pasta! The 3-fold amount!
And what really makes you fat is, on the one hand, the quantity, but also the sauce for pasta! Serving the pasta well with plenty of vegetables and paying attention to the fats will ultimately give you a wholesome healthy meal!
I always like to include pasta in my weekly plans. Definitely once a week!
At the request of our Junior, this time I conjured up a creamy pasta casserole with vegetables. Very light, with vegetables and without cream! But still very creamy and cheesy!
Here is the recipe!
Creamy pasta bake with vegetables
Nutritional information per serving:
295 kcal, 47 g carbohydrates, 5 g fat, 12 g protein
Ingredients for 6 servings:
- 330 gr of pasta (Penne)
- 300 gr. Summer mixed vegetables, frozen
- 100 gr. Onions, diced
- 2 cloves of garlic, diced
- 1 tablespoon (15 ml), olive oil
- 150 ml, low-fat milk
- 100 ml of water
- 100 g creamy cream cheese, balance
- 30 gr. Parmesan, grated
- 1 tbsp Italian herbs, TK
- Salt, pepper to taste
- Bring the water for the pasta to a boil and cook the pasta al dente.
- Meanwhile, in a pan, heat the olive oil and lightly fry the diced onion-garlic mixture.
- Add the frozen vegetables and fry for a few minutes.
- Add some water and add the milk and cream cheese.
- Simmer for about 5 minutes. Season with salt, pepper and herbs.
- Drain the pasta and mix with the vegetables.
- Pour into an ovenproof dish, sprinkle with Parmesan.
- Bake at 200 ° C in the oven for 15 minutes.