Last week, I had the inspiration to try something that I had been thinking of for a while!
I still had bell peppers from my last grocery shopping and with the weekly planning, I have now managed to put this idea into action.
Stuffed peppers are well known as a delicious dish. Probably the variant with meat filling and stewed in a pot.
But my idea was to make a vegetarian dish out of it and use it as an oven dish!
As a filling, I used my favorite legumes: red lentils! I love red lentils, because they are cooked in no time, do not require any soaking time and they are so versatile!
For my stuffed peppers, I used bell peppers halves for simplicity. The halves can be filled better, I think.
In addition, I have preferred the cooking in the oven, with the result that the bell peppers halves still remain relatively bite. Of course, that’s a matter of taste!
Otherwise, it remains to say that this oven dish is delicious, easy therefore comes! We enjoyed it very much and it will certainly enrich our diet again!
Here is the recipe!
Stuffed bell peppers with red lentils
Nutritional facts per serving (1 serving = 1 half stuffed bell pepper)
202 kcal, 6 g fat, 20 g carbohydrates, 15 g protein
Ingredients for 4 servings:
- 400 g pepper (4 medium-sized peppers)
- 250 g of cooked red lentils
- 100 g tomatoes fresh, diced
- 100 g feta cheese, light – crumbled –
- 2 tablespoons (20 g) grated Parmesan
- 30 g of chickpea flour
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon paprika powder
- 1 tbsp Italian herbs, frozen
- salt pepper
- 200 g pureed tomatoes
- Wash the peppers, halve lengthways and remove the seeds.
- Place in an ovenproof dish with the opening facing up.
- Now prepare in a bowl the farce (filling).
- Mix the prepared red lentils well with the diced tomatoes, grated Parmesan, egg and chickpea flour.
- Season with garlic powder, paprika, herbs, salt and pepper and mix well.
- Spread the filling evenly over the 4 halves of the pepper.
- Then spread the crumbled shepherd’s cheese over it.
- Spread the pureed tomatoes around the halves of the pepper and add a small dash of water.
- Cook in the oven at about 200 ° C for about 25 minutes. (The cooking time may vary depending on the type of oven).