With this creation, I just felt like doing something completely different than the usual egg dishes.
Only frittata or omelet is boring! Isn’t it?
Well, so I just started making muffins in the spicy version. Tasty, easy, easy!
With bell peppers and feta cheese and of course eggs!
It was really delicious, filling and the next day they tasted great cold. My husband confirms that, who had 2 muffins as a meal-prep meal
So perfect as a Meal prep! Or maybe for the next brunch……
Here is the recipe!
Egg muffins with bell peppers and feta cheese
Nutritional facts per Muffin:
160 kcal, 7 g Kh, 9 g fat, 11 g protein
Ingredients for 6 muffins:
- 6 eggs
- 100 ml low-fat milk
- 30 g of spelled flour type 630
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 teaspoons of grated Parmesan
- 200 g bell pepper, diced
- 100 g spring onions, finely diced
- 50 g feta cheese, crumbled
- salt, pepper to taste
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- Wash the bell peppers, remove the seeds and dice them.
- Likewise, wash the spring onions and finely dice.
- Sauté with 1 teaspoon of olive oil in a pan for a few minutes. Then set aside.
- Put the flour in a bowl.
- Beat the eggs and milk together and then slowly add the flour and whisk to a liquid dough.
- Add baking powder, salt, pepper and grated Parmesan cheese.
- Crumble the feta cheese with your hands.
- Now with 1 teaspoon olive oil grease the muffin molds with a brush.
- Distribute evenly on the molds the bell peppers and pring onion mixture with the aid of a spoon.
- Now evenly distribute the egg mixture on the molds.
- Top with the crumbled feta cheese.
- Bake in the oven at about 200 ° C for about 20 – 30 minutes (depending on the type of oven, these times may vary).