When creating my weekly meal plans, I always make sure that it doesn’t get boring on our plates.
Especially when it comes to making happy not only me but also the family. Especially if you have children who eat vegetarian. Like our junior.
Exactly with these considerations I’ve tried to make then these simple and delicious chickpea nuggets!
Those chickpea nuggets are perfect to be prepared, fried, portioned and frozen! Oh yes, so you have always on hand!
Here is the recipe!
Nutritional facts per piece:
76 kcal, 6 kh, 4 g protein, 4 g fat
Ingredients for 10 – 15 nuggets:
- 350 g of chickpeas, cooked or 1 large tin, drained
- 300 g of mixed vegetables, frozen
- 2 eggs
- 20 g of Parmesan, grated
- 2 toast, crumbles
- 2 tablespoons Italian herbs, TK
- 1 – 2 tbsp breadcrumbs
- Salt pepper
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil for frying
How to prepare:
- Mince the pre-cooked chickpeas with a kitchen machine and place in a large bowl.
- Mince the vegetables and add to the chickpeas.
- Add two eggs, grated Parmesan, the crumbled toasts, the herbs, salt and pepper and mix well with the chickpeas and the vegetables until a malleable dough is formed, which should not be too moist. If this is the case, add some breadcrumbs.
- Let this mass rest in the fridge for about 10 minutes. Then remove and form nuggets from it. Roll into breadcrumbs.
- Put some oil in a pan and heat. Roast the chickpea nuggets golden brown on each side.