It’s vacation time soon, and a look into my pantry reveals only one thing, there is a lot to use until we go on vacation!
I discovered a pack of Yufka dough sheets that I had bought some time ago because I wanted to try it. I had read that this is a good alternative to the usual greasy puff pastry.
And finally, I’ve done it yesterday for dinner! I still had eggplants and peppers in the vegetable basket and in the fridge, I found feta cheese, the light version. Some leaf parsley and spices. You don’t need more for this delicious dinner.
I prepared the vegetables on my gas stove in a grill pan, completely without oil. Optionally, you can grill it in the oven.
There are 3 Yufka dough sheets in the packaging (totaling 400g). The dough sheets are round and big. This dough must be moistened with water, be careful not to break it.
The nutritional values of Yufka dough sheets have absolutely convinced me and the result of my idea as well.
It really is a spicy cake, very light with a crunchy border! We could not stop nibbling on it.
Without further ado, I decided to make a second cake, only with tomatoes, peppers, and mozzarella, for junior, because he does not like eggplants. He liked it so much!
I could also imagine that this spicy cake is perfect when eaten cold on summer days. But it didn’t happen that far because we ate all of it! It was so delicious!
Spicy cake with grilled vegetables and feta cheese
Nutrition facts per serving (1 quarter):
198 cal, 20 g carbohydrates, 8 g fat, 10 g protein
Ingredients for 4 servings:
- 1 Yufka dough sheet
- 155 g eggplant, cut into round slices
- 230 g bell peppers, cut into strips
- 125 g feta cheese, light or mozzarella
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 30 g leaf parsley, chopped
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 tsp thyme
- Salt pepper
- The vegetables must be prepared at first. Here you have two options.
- Grill the sliced aubergines from both sides for about 3 – 5 minutes in a grill pan without oil. Likewise the peppers.
- Or, you put the whole vegetables on a sheet of baking paper and grill the vegetables in the oven for about 10 – 15 minutes. Choose the variant which is better for you.
- I did that with my grill pan on a gas stove.
- Take a round quiche dish and layer it with baking paper. Moisten the Yufka dough sheet with a little water.
- Then carefully place in the form, cover with the grilled vegetables. Season with garlic powder, thyme, a little salt, and pepper. Spread 1 tablespoon of olive oil over it.
- Cut the feta into thin slices and spread over it and add the fresh leaf parsley on top.
- Fold the edges of the dough as good as possible.
- Now bake at 220 ° C in the oven for about 15 minutes.
I’m taking part with this recipe at Thursday Favorite Things 396 – hosted by Marilyn – Marilyns Treats