Midsummer!! Isn’t that wonderful? Well, for those who tolerate those higher temperatures, it’s fun!
Some of us have problems to eat something warm or to cook with these high temperatures. Well, in Italy pasta is always an option.
I’ve brought to you a quick pasta dish!
Pasta with sauteed eggplants
Nutritional information per serving: 457 kcal, 78 g carbohydrates, 9 g fat, 14 g protein
Ingredients for 4 servings:
- 400 g of pasta
- 3 tomatoes, diced
- 3 cloves of garlic, diced
- 300 g of eggplant, diced
- a handful of fresh basil leaves
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- Chilli pepper (optional)
- Salt pepper
- Wash tomatoes and eggplants and dice them.
- Peel garlic and cut into thin slices.
- Bring the water for the pasta to a boil.
- In a pan, lightly heat 2 tablespoons of olive oil and add the eggplants
- Mix well. Season with salt and pepper, add 1 tablespoon of basil and 1 clove of garlic. Saute for about 10 minutes in the pan.
- Then transfer to a bowl. If you like, cut a fresh chili and mix under it.
- In the pan, heat 2 tablespoons of olive oil. Sauté the remaining garlic. Add the diced tomatoes. Mix well. Add salt, pepper and basil and stir. Add the tomato paste and mix well.
- Simmer for about 10 minutes.
- When the pasta is al dente cooked mix with the sugo.
- Serve the eggplants as a topping.
- If you like, sprinkle well with grated Parmesan or Pecorino!