Last week, I planned to make frittata for dinner.
Frittata is the Italian name for an egg bake, a sort of pancakes. In Italy frittatas are often and gladly served, and so do I!
This time I made a variation with leaf spinach, which we like very much here.
For the sake of simplicity, I also like to use the frozen leaf spinach and think that it is a great alternative to fresh spinach!
This frittata is really low-fat, because I hardly use oil and because it is also cooked in the oven! Very easy-peasy!
Frittata with spinach
Nutritional facts per serving: 236 kcal, 1 g carbohydrates, 18 g fat, 17 g protein
Ingredients for 3 servings
– 300 g leaf spinach – deep-frozen
– 6 eggs
– 2 teaspoons olive oil
– 1 garlic clove, finely diced
– salt pepper
- Thaw the spinach.
- In a pan, heat 2 tsp of olive oil, sauté the garlic and sauté the leaf spinach for a few minutes. Season with salt and pepper.
- Whisk the eggs and lightly salt.
- Put the leaf spinach in an ovenproof dish and spread the whisked eggs over it.
5.Cook at 200 ° C for about 20 minutes.
Serve with a delicious salad.