I love frittata! Yes, that’s the Italian word for a sort of hearty pancakes.
In my kitchen, there is Frittata at least once a week and is an integral part of my weekly plan.
You can really make a frittata with so many delicious vegetables!
But you can make frittata without eggs too! Oh yes, with chickpea flour!
Here I show you how to do it with this delicious recipe of vegan zucchini frittata
Vegan zucchini frittata
Nutritional information per serving: 228 kcal, 30 g carbohydrates, 6 g fat, 11 g protein
Ingredients for 2 servings
– 400 g zucchini, thinly sliced
– 50 g red onion, thinly sliced
– 80 g chickpea flour
– 100 ml of water
– 1 teaspoon garlic powder
– 1 teaspoon onion powder
– 1 tsp chives
– 1 tsp italian herbs
– 1 teaspoons olive oil
– Salt pepper
- Whisk the chickpea flour with the water until you obtain a creamy texture. Add 1 teaspoon of olive oil, add the spices and stir. Salt a bit, set aside and leave to rest.
- Wash the zucchini, cap the ends and cut into thin slices.
- Cut the onion into thin slices too.
- Heat up a pan and sauté the zucchini for about 5 minutes with a a little dash of water. Add the onion and simmer for a further 10 minutes over low heat. Season with salt and pepper.
- Brush an ovenproof mold with some oil and spread the zucchini. Add the chickpea flour mass.
- Bake at 220 ° C for about 20 minutes in the oven. (This may vary depending on the type of oven).
Serve with a delicious mixed green salad with tomatoes and cucumbers!