It has crept in with us a little habit on the weekend! In addition to Pizza Friday, we like finger food on Saturday evening. We love that very much and I try to make light and delicious things as well.
This time I made delicious focaccia. Focaccia is an Italian flatbread! In Naples, the focaccia is made from the pizza dough!
The recipe for my delicious pizza as in Naples is here!
So simple, no big sorcery! And the whole thing is even vegan, as no eggs or animal products are used!
Very easy to do with just a few ingredients.
Focaccia is perfect for a cozy evening with your family or friends. I always like to serve it with a delicious salad, because salad is always an option along with different dips, such as my homemade vegan white beans dip, vegetarian patties, like my chickpea nuggets, or a yummy peperonata! So easy delicious light treats!
Well, did you now want to taste this focaccia? Then let starts here with the recipe!
Focaccia with herbs
Nutritional information per piece: 174 kcal, 32 g carbohydrates, 2 g fat, 5 g protein
Ingredients for 1 Focaccia with 8 pieces
– 350 g of wheat flour
– 2 teaspoons of dried baking yeast
– about 150-200 ml lukewarm water
– 1 tablespoon of olive oil
– 1 teaspoon of salt
– 2 teaspoons of herbs of Provence
- In a large and high bowl, add the flour. Make a hollow in the middle. Add the yeast and some water. Use a fork to dissolve the yeast in the water and gently remove some flour from the edges. Add salt. Add more water and stir in the oil until the water is used up and the whole flour is mixed. If the dough is too dry, quietly add some water. Do not worry, the dough should stick.
- Cover and let rest for about 2 hours.
- After the resting time,flour the working place, lift the dough out of the bowl. Then, with your hands, bring the dough into a flat, round shape and place in a slightly oiled ovenproof baking pan. Brush with a little olive oil and sprinkle with herbs.
- Bake in preheated oven at 250 ° C for 20 – 25 minutes.