This week I finally managed to edit a recipe from my meal plan from a week ago.
This chicken one-pot with bell peppers or just Pollo ai peperoni is a dish that I know from my childhood and which I still love to make for my family!
Chicken braised in a light tomato sauce with bell peppers. It smells so wonderful and it just tastes delicious.
I also love those braised dishes, because they are so practical. Everything in a pot and just cooking slightly on the stovetop. It smells so wonderful in the whole house. That opens my soul!!
Traditionally, the chicken is taken with the skin. I just skipped the skin this time because I do not like it so much. But you can also make this dish with lean chicken breasts, but the cooking time changes so that the meat does not get too dry.
The ingredients are as always kept very simple and puristic.
Chicken one-pot with bell peppers
Nutritional information per serving: 426 kcal, 14 g carbohydrates, 15 g fat, 53 g protein
Ingredients for 4 servings
– 500 g chopped canned tomatoes
– 1.5 tbsp olive oil
– 100 g onions, diced
– 4 garlic cloves, diced
– 400 g of bell peppers, roughly diced
– 1000 g chicken thighs (skinless)
– 1 tbsp Italian herbs
– Salt pepper
- Lightly heat the olive oil in a casserole.
- Sauté the chicken drumsticks and thighs.
- Then add the garlic and onions and deglaze with the chopped tomatoes.
- Add the bell peppers and stir well.
- Season with salt, pepper and herbs and simmer over low heat for about 40 minutes.
- Stir occasionally.
Serving suggestion: Goes well with rice, pasta, potatoes or just with bread.