Lasagna is always a good choice, don’t you think? And it doesn’t always have to be a Lasagne with a load of carbohydrates.
I thought to replace the Lasagna sheets with vegetables and took the zucchini as a substitute. Ok, actually it’s a kind of a vegetable casserole, but Lasagne sounds definitely better,isn’t it?
And sometimes it has to deserves to be a really creamy and cheesy dish. Maybe it’s an alternative for those who are not vegetable fans. Especially if you have kids around!
But I tell you something, just hide vegetables in a creamy and cheesy sauce and you’ll see!!
From a caloric point of view, this type of Lasagna is really on top and the protein value is ontop too!
You don’t need so much time to prepare this kind of Lasagne.
And while the creamy and cheesy zucchini lasagna is in the oven, you can do something else!
Nutritional information per serving: 156 kcal, 9 g carbohydrates, 8 g fat, 14 g protein<br />
Ingredients for 6 servings
– 700 g zucchini, fresh
– 100 g onions, diced
– 1 tbsp olive oil
– 250 ml light cream 7%
– 18 slices of chicken breast filet roulade, diced
– 100 ml low-fat milk 1.5%
– 125 g Mozzarella Light, diced
– 1 teaspoon garlic powder
– 50 grams of Italian herbs, frozen
– Salt, pepper to taste
- Wash the zucchini, cap the ends and cut into even thin elongated strips.
- In a pan, heat 1 tbsp olive oil. Sauté the diced onion with the chicken breast.
- Deglaze with the light cream and a little milk. Season with the garlic powder, the herbs, salt and pepper.
- Bring to a boil and remove from heat.
- Take an ovenproof mold and start layering the zucchini slices. Spread 2 tablespoons of the creamy sauce. Then spread the first layer of zucchini. Now spread the creamy sauce and a few mozzarella cubes. Then continue with the next layer of zucchini. Continue until the zucchini are used up.
- As a last layer, dispense some of the creamy sauce and the remaining mozzarella cubes.
- Bake in the oven at about 220 ° C for 35 minutes. This time may vary depending on the type of stovetop.